Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August Devo-The Past

Okay so I'm switching this devo up a little. This time, rather than sharing a Bible verse with you, I'm going to share a little poem I wrote =) It talks about how we make mistakes, and the only way to really make it through (and have) life is through the Father. It's called "Lead Me To You."


Lead Me To You
Standing at the crossroads trying to make up my mind
Dare i take left, or should i go right?
One path leads to destruction
The other to new life
And I'm going to change mine, starting tonight.

Im sick of who I was
I dont want this to be
Father will you come
And rescue me?
I'm tired of all I do
I'm crying out in mercy
I need your love and grace
Father lead me to You.

We all have things from our past
That we would rather forget
It brought me a relationship to last.
So I won't bring myself to regret
The decisions i've made;
It is with You I will always stay


---------------------------------------------------------

So in light of that, I just want to say this: the past is the past. It's not easy to let go or give up, but it needs to be done. Use the mistakes you've made in the past to show you the future. Your future. With the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment